Senior Production Manager - Plant Manager
Senior Production Manager, soon to be Plant Manager
- Join a Growing Company, Expanding their operation!
- Quick promotional Opportunity for Experienced Production or Plant Manager
- Great Benefits, PTO, 401(k) match and stability in leadership
Our client, a successful and thriving $5B Electrical Products Manufacturer, has an exciting opening for a Senior Production Manager who will be next in line for Plant Manager. This Senior Plant Leader will have the staff of this 250 FTE operation and growing, report to them directly, up to 14 direct reports. You will report to the current Plant Manager who will be planning retirement soon. As the Senior Production Manager, you will provide operations leadership and Continuous Improvement leadership for all aspects of the Operation; personnel, productivity, and on-time delivery.
There is a large investment in this plant and a current expansion is going on. Since 2022, they have added approximately 35 employees and expect to add an additional 50 by end of this year. We have flexibility to hire the best candidate for the job, so we will have a large salary range and relocation provided if needed.
Senior Production Manager - Plant Manager: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a team in a fast paced environment with a dedication to Continuous Improvements and the highest levels of quality and customer service.
- Deploy company/factory policies and strategies to staff throughout the manufacturing operation and translate them into business, team and personnel goals.
- Maintain a safe working environment consistent with all local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Originate, measure, and improve key indicators for the production team (Safety, Quality,Delivery, Inventory and Cost).
- Ensure the production area maintains a clean, well-organized environment.
- Implement and drive “continuous improvement” activities by eliminating non valued added activities in the manufacturing process (waste elimination).
- Approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Establish work requirements and ensure production schedules are met.
Senior Production Manager - Plant Manager Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a Production/Operations Manager – preferably in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment
- Very Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing, TPS, or Similar Continuous Improvement Tools
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Multifaceted, results-oriented, metric driven, focused leadership
- SAP Experience strongly preferred
- TPM Experience
- Operational Excellence or Lean Certification
March 24, 2023