PRODUCTION MANAGER near Carlsbad, CA (on-site job)
This Job is Open due to Internal Promotion
PRODUCTION MANAGER PERKS:
- Join a company that has been growing 25% YOY for 6 straight years!
- 401(k) match
- Great Health, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Life, Auto and Home Insurance and Identity Theft Protection
- Strong PTO program
- 6:30am - 2:30 pm hours
The Production Manager is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in managing all production operations and manufacturing activities. This position directs and guides the Production Group Managers and is a key driver of Key Performance Indicators, including, but not limited to, People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory metrics. In this role, you will manage Coordinating Group Managers, Group Managers, Safety Managers, Facilities and Maintenance Managers, and Shipping and Receiving Personnel.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing all activities of the production floor, following established standard operating procedures and approved processes consistent with the company's Mission Statement and Key Performance Indicators.
- Supervising all production operations related to preparing, cutting, machining, assembling, glazing, and packaging products.
- Coordinating plant activities with the Group Managers serving as a liaison between the plant manager and general production hourly employees
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating plant activities to include fulfilling sales orders, ensuring on time shipping and receiving, and supporting JIT inventory requirements utilizing standard manufacturing practices and tools.
- Driving continuous Improvement and root cause activities and project initiatives that create efficiency and productivity.
- Managing human and material resources to meet production targets and goals including capacity planning and scheduling.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Group Managers and production employees. Proactively and regularly developing team member’s performance and capabilities to align with company goals and values.
- Controlling and minimizing labor overtime, premium freight/repair expenses.
- Assisting the Plant Manager in establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Supervising Plant Facilities and Maintenance group. Maintaining existing plant facilities and equipment. Recommending to the Plant Manager, Engineering, and Research & Development the need for new equipment/facilities as needed.
- Ensuring production floor organization, production fluidity, safety, and plant cleanliness, and implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs as needed.
- Continuously promoting and initiating Safety improvements in the plant including managing safety data reporting and actions in the EH&S reporting system.
- This position requires less than 10% travel although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Production Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field and three to five years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Associate degree in a related field and five to seven years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
Manufacturing Production Manager Desired skills:
- Experience in the building products industry or window and door manufacturing highly desired but not required.
- Experience with raw materials such as aluminum, wood, glass and/or vinyl.
- Technical aptitude with an understanding of CNC, Saws and other production equipment and hand tools.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in high mix or custom production processes, lean manufacturing, root cause analysis, and problem-solving tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and production related schematics.
- Basic knowledge of business, finance, quality management systems and standards.
- Superb leadership, interpersonal communication, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent team building skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training on Continuous Improvement methods and initiatives to subordinates.
- Superior motivational skills to empower others, and to resolve conflict.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing engineering or process engineering principles and practices.
- Knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and compliance.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel - able to manipulate and gather data in Excel