Our client, one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world, has a new opening for a lean, six sigma, continuous improvement leader - the Operational Excellence Manager for their site in Glen Falls, NY.
Operational Excellence Site Manager - Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
- The Operational Excellence Manager is a champion for Continuous Improvement and will take a lead role in the development of an Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement culture within Glens Falls Operation.
- Ensures the necessary skills, tools and other resources are in place to facilitate the optimization of performance, and will act as an important Change Agent, Champion for Culture Change and Process Transformation, while driving Continuous Improvement.
- Possess strong leadership and influence skills to solve complex problems with an emphasis on, improving the quality, compliance, service, and business financials.
- Also responsible for providing technical knowledge, and support using the Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.
- This role should be capable of managing difficult manufacturing process and problems through a well and sound methodology; as well as being able to comprehend and fully apply new technology developments.
- In addition to, responsibilities over any technical and/or engineering personnel assigned to the projects and/or initiatives directly or indirectly.
- Also responsible for providing technical support, and coaching/mentoring to the site team.
Site Operational Excellence Manager Essential Job Functions:
- Design and lead the implementation of the continuous improvement strategy throughout the organization including:
- Development of Appropriate Metrics and Measuring Systems.
- Facilitate cost savings (A3) Process.
- Lead Continuous improvement Project Management.
- Lead Lean Six Sigma Training.
- Lead Kaizen Program.
- Strengthening Cross-Functional Representation, Engagement, Accountability, Ownership and Communication.
- Support Company Business Model initiatives develop strategies and drive execution to optimize business processes.
- Support leadership in meeting business goals. Includes identifying and prioritizing the right business opportunities.
- Review ongoing performance trends to drive an overall improvement and consistency in manufacturing line output.
- Collaborate with Managers/Leaders to identify each department’s top priorities and determining the best methods for driving process and culture change.
- Communicate business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Implement systematic problem solving /root cause analysis process.
- Participate in new product introductions and product transfer ensuring waste is identified and eliminated.
- Engage, train and coach all employees to become active champions of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Operational Excellence Manager Basic Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in several significant savings and cultural change projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and conflicts, work well with others and demonstrate team work.
- Customer focus, innovative, results oriented.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic and positive demeanor/attitude.
Operational Excellence Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a regulated environment.
Operational Excellence Manager Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of Process Excellence experience including process work using Lean Tools and Six Sigma tools or equivalent.
- Five (5) + years Business Excellence or Continuous Improvement leadership with experience in Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Five+ (5) + years Project Management experience over Lean Projects, Six Sigma Projects or Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred. GreenBelt desired
On-the-Job, SOP’s required for position and cGMP.
No Job Listings at this time.